Selecting the Right Massage Training Program
As you figure out whether a massage therapy career path is right for you, and whether Cumberland is the place to receive your training, we recommend these steps as you consider applying to a massage therapy training program.
- Ask massage professionals which school they would recommend. They have been through the process and know how important the quality of training is. Many therapists who did not go to Cumberland recommend it now.
- Make an appointment to receive a massage. It is amazing how many people apply to massage school, and have never received a professional massage. If you want specific information about the school you are considering, make an appointment to receive a massage in their Intern Clinic. Our clinic can be reached directly at 615-370-9795. Sessions are 75 minutes in length for $60.00.
- Download or order a catalog to be sent to you. You can download a copy of the Cumberland Institute of Holistic Therapies Program Catalog , or to receive a hard copy, you can call or email Teresa Greene at 615-370-9794 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the school for information and a tour. Attending an Intro-Evening would be the best way to do this, but if that is not possible, contact Teresa Greene at 615-370-9794 to schedule an appointment. You can also reach her at email@example.com.
- Attend an Intro-Evening and Massage Career Orientation. At Cumberland, this is the best way to find out about us. We encourage you to attend the entire time frame so you will hear the history and philosophy of the school, view a hands-on demonstration by one of our faculty members, hear from graduates, and get an opportunity to ask questions about a career in massage therapy. It is also a great opportunity to bring your parents, spouse, or friends along to help you make your decision. Admission is free and no invitation is necessary. Intro-Evenings are held once per quarter:
Spring Quarter: Friday, March 4, 2022 – 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Summer Quarter: Friday, June 3, 2022 – 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Fall Quarter: Friday, August 26, 2022 – 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Winter Quarter: Friday, December 2, 2022 – 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Still wondering what to ask when selecting a massage therapy school? Check out this video to learn what to look for.